Articles on this Page
- 05/25/16--07:28: _Online Homeschool S...
- 05/26/16--07:01: _Sunya Introduces Ne...
- 06/02/16--05:50: _Essential Skills Ad...
- 06/07/16--22:01: _MaxScholar Review
- 06/15/16--22:28: _Progeny Press Mr. P...
- 06/23/16--08:42: _LearnBop Online Mat...
- 07/30/16--20:58: _Patriotic Penmanshi...
- 08/02/16--19:22: _CTCMath – Online Ma...
- 08/23/16--12:07: _6th Grade Homeschoo...
- 08/24/16--08:14: _Jolly Phonics and J...
- 08/26/16--11:35: _Can Do Cubes Review
- 08/31/16--07:32: _Homeschool Health w...
- 09/08/16--08:46: _Exploring Creation ...
- 09/15/16--20:55: _HelpTeaching.com Su...
- 09/27/16--21:54: _Spencer Learning Ul...
- 10/14/16--21:46: _25 Easy Pumpkin Cra...
- 11/04/16--10:44: _Homeschool Legacy T...
- 02/21/17--20:46: _Renaissance & Refor...
- 02/28/17--22:37: _Math Mammoth Blue S...
- 03/09/17--08:52: _Eclectic Foundation...
- 05/25/16--07:28: Online Homeschool Science with Science Shepherd (Review)
- 05/26/16--07:01: Sunya Introduces New Math Games (Review)
- 06/02/16--05:50: Essential Skills Advantage Review
- 06/07/16--22:01: MaxScholar Review
- 06/15/16--22:28: Progeny Press Mr. Popper’s Penguins E-Guide Review
- 06/23/16--08:42: LearnBop Online Math Tutor Review
- 07/30/16--20:58: Patriotic Penmanship from Laurelwood Books
- 08/02/16--19:22: CTCMath – Online Math Curriculum
- 08/23/16--12:07: 6th Grade Homeschool Curriculum Choices for 2016-2017
- 08/24/16--08:14: Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar Review
- 08/26/16--11:35: Can Do Cubes Review
- 08/31/16--07:32: Homeschool Health with WAY Comes Home REVIEW
- 09/08/16--08:46: Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition Review
- 09/15/16--20:55: HelpTeaching.com Subscription Review
- 09/27/16--21:54: Spencer Learning Ultimate Phonics Reading Program
- 10/14/16--21:46: 25 Easy Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
- 11/04/16--10:44: Homeschool Legacy Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims Review
- 02/21/17--20:46: Renaissance & Reformation from Home School in the Woods
- 02/28/17--22:37: Math Mammoth Blue Series Review
- 03/09/17--08:52: Eclectic Foundations Language Arts Level B
Science is a subject that is VERY important in our family. My husband wants the kids to start to cover all sorts of concepts, but I’m obviously limited on time. Thankfully, we were asked to review an online homeschool science program from Science Shepherd. We have been using Introductory Science, Workbook Level B. Online Homeschool Science Introductory […]
The post Online Homeschool Science with Science Shepherd (Review) appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
Math is one of those subjects you either love or hate, but now you can play the new math game from Sunya Publishing to put those math facts into practice! We were chosen to review Sunya – The Magic and Wonder of Math and Science Multiplying & Dividing. The game includes a comprehensive Parent/Teacher Guidebook for Sunya Math […]
Online learning is a favorite around here, so I’m always looking for programs that can be done on the computer for my kids. Essential Skills Advantage let us try out the Complete Home Learning Suite with 2 of my children. This gave us a full year subscription for each student to the entire ESA program. Essential Skills Advantage ESA […]
My family uses a lot of online resources, so we were anxious to get started when selected to review MaxScholar Reading Intervention Programs from MaxScholar. We received a one year license for my 3rd grade son and 5th grade daughter to use this online program. It covers many subjects and is very comprehensive. Through its interactive lessons, your […]
We read a lot in our homeschool. Progeny Press is awesome at providing high quality literature study guides, and we were excited to be picked to review the Mr. Popper’s Penguins E-Guide. I used this study guide with my 9 year old son and my 11 year old daughter as we read through Mr. Popper’s Penguins. My daughter […]
The post Progeny Press Mr. Popper’s Penguins E-Guide Review appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
Summer is a great time to help your kids stay on top of their learning. No one likes a summertime slump, and math is one of the first to go from their memories when they stop practicing it with daily schoolwork. LearnBop offers a program that works as an online tutor to help kids retain their math […]
Our family had the opportunity to choose a resource from Laurelwood Books to review. After much debate, we chose the Patriotic Penmanship Transition (manuscript to cursive) book from the Patriotic Penmanship series. This series has these workbooks available at different levels, from kindergarten manuscript all the way up to high school cursive. In the Laurelwood Books Patriotic Penmanship series, they do […]
My family has had the pleasure of being able to review CTCMath a few times now. I was more than happy to look over this comprehensive math curriculum again with my 3 school-aged kids. The CTCMath Homeschool Membership has gotten better and better over time. It is an online math program designed for students from elementary school to middle […]
The brand new school year is upon us, and I’m really looking forward to another year with 3 school-aged kids! The scary part is that my daughter is in 6th grade and upper level coursework is knocking at out door. EEK! I don’t know if I’m ready for that, but I’m sure she will be. […]
The post 6th Grade Homeschool Curriculum Choices for 2016-2017 appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
I’ve been working on reading and writing a lot with my two youngest sons over the past several months. Our latest review was sent to us by just2ducks LLC. They provided us with Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar from jollyliteracy.com In our package, we received several resources, including: Jolly Phonics Teacher’s Book in print letters Jolly Phonics Student Book 1, […]
In our homeschool, we use a lot of supplemental resources and activities to help my kids really get the concepts they’ve been taught. A few weeks ago, just2ducks LLC sent us a set of Can Do Cubes, which can be purchased at jollyliteracy.com. This is a great supplemental resource to help teach students their spelling words, phonetic sounds, blending, […]
My kids have been asking about a PE or health program for a while now. They all love learning about how to live in a healthy way, and how their body works. We received the WAY Comes Home Kit from HomeSchool Scholastics, an i4 Learning Company at the end of July, and they’ve been excited for each lesson ever […]
Science is one of those subjects that I don’t exactly LOVE, but my kids sure do! I’ve found that it’s easier for me to get in the mood to “do science” if I have several of my kids working on it together, so that was the plan for this school year. We have loved everything […]
The post Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition Review appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
It always seems like there are gaps in what my children are taught in their regular homeschool coursework and what they actually retain. Every now and then, there’s a particular concept or subject that needs a little extra work or a fresh way of being taught. So tell me, homeschool moms, have you heard of HelpTeaching.com yet? […]
It seems like I’m always in the middle of teaching phonics to at least one of my children, so the opportunity to review the Spencer Learning Ultimate Phonics Reading Program came in handy. It is a computer software program that you download to your laptop or desktop computer, which needs to be running Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, […]
It’s always fun to get kids busy making things to help them celebrate the seasons. Pumpkin crafts are perfect for fall, and there are so many cute ones out there for them to make. These range from super easy and inexpensive to a bit more complicated, but totally worth the extra effort. Almost all of these […]
Thanksgiving is coming up, and I’ve been wondering how I wanted to approach teaching the kids about the history of Thanksgiving in America. There are many movies, books, websites, and even plays out there, but it can be a bit daunting trying to decide what to use and when to introduce it. I’m grateful to Homeschool Legacy for […]
The post Homeschool Legacy Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims Review appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
History is always a subject I have a hard time planning for my family, so I’m glad I was able to review a new study from Home School in the Woods. We got to download and try the HISTORY Through the Ages Project Passport World History Study Renaissance & Reformation. Project Passport is a product that can […]
The post Renaissance & Reformation from Home School in the Woods appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
Math is one of those subjects that we all want to be sure our kids are excelling in and understanding the information. Math Mammoth has several individual math units in its Blue Series for students at a 1st-8th grade level. Math Mammoth Blue Series Review Our family received 3 different titles from the Blue Series: Data and Graphs for […]
Language Arts and math are the two subjects that we focus on the most in our homeschool. I had never heard of Eclectic Foundations before, but we were chosen to review Eclectic Foundations Language Arts Level B with my 1st grader, and I was interested to see how it would work out. Eclectic Foundations is available as a […]