Articles on this Page
- 05/08/17--11:21: _Fourth Grade Homesc...
- 05/18/17--23:16: _Captain Absolutely ...
- 06/07/17--22:35: _Reading and Math wi...
- 06/09/17--09:16: _MarshMedia Streamin...
- 06/29/17--09:26: _Hewitt Homeschoolin...
- 08/08/17--07:19: _1 Samuel Bible Stud...
- 09/21/17--08:20: _Sixth Grade Homesch...
- 09/21/17--10:58: _Let’s Go Geography ...
- 10/11/17--05:17: _CTCMath Family Memb...
- 10/17/17--21:43: _Reading Eggs Online...
- 10/26/17--05:42: _Halloween Matching ...
- 11/01/17--23:01: _The Magic Stories f...
- 02/13/18--05:29: _Activities to Teach...
- 03/01/18--11:08: _Drive Thru History ...
- 03/07/18--10:14: _Magic Stix Washable...
- 03/22/18--10:39: _Zirrly Super Beads ...
- 04/12/18--11:24: _Memoria Press Music...
- 04/18/18--06:41: _Apologia Exploring ...
- 04/25/18--06:28: _A+ Interactive Math...
- 05/02/18--10:45: _Christian Heroes- C...
- 05/08/17--11:21: Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum – Year in Review
- 05/18/17--23:16: Captain Absolutely Comic Book Teaches Character!
- 06/07/17--22:35: Reading and Math with K5 Learning Online
- 06/09/17--09:16: MarshMedia Streaming Educational Health and Safety Videos Review
- 06/29/17--09:26: Hewitt Homeschooling Grade 2 Lightning Lit Set (Review)
- 08/08/17--07:19: 1 Samuel Bible Study for Students (Review)
- 09/21/17--08:20: Sixth Grade Homeschool Curriculum – Year in Review
- 09/21/17--10:58: Let’s Go Geography Course for Elementary Students
- 10/11/17--05:17: CTCMath Family Membership – Online Math Curriculum Review
- 10/17/17--21:43: Reading Eggs Online Learning Review
- 10/26/17--05:42: Halloween Matching Game Printable
- 11/01/17--23:01: The Magic Stories for 2nd and 3rd Graders
- 02/13/18--05:29: Activities to Teach Kids About Winter
- 03/01/18--11:08: Drive Thru History Adventures
- 03/07/18--10:14: Magic Stix Washable Markers (with GIVEAWAY!)
- 03/22/18--10:39: Zirrly Super Beads Mega Pack Review (Just Spray with Water!)
- 04/12/18--11:24: Memoria Press Music Appreciation I Curriculum Review
- 04/18/18--06:41: Apologia Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Review
- 04/25/18--06:28: A+ Interactive Math (by A+ TutorSoft Inc.) Review
- 05/02/18--10:45: Christian Heroes- C.S. Lewis (Book Review)
As we wrap up our homeschool year, I wanted to share our fourth grade homeschool curriculum choices with you. We have tried many things this year, but these were the main curriculum items that we ended up using on a regular basis. Can you believe it? It’s the end of the year! My older kids […]
The post Fourth Grade Homeschool Curriculum – Year in Review appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
We received a review copy of Captain Absolutely from Focus On The Family a few weeks ago. My kids love graphic novels and comic books, so we were excited to dig right in to this one. Have you or your family ever listened to Adventures in Odyssey? I grew up on the audio drama series, and this comic book is […]
Our latest review item has been a supplement that came at just the right time for my 7 year old. We’ve been trying the online reading and math lessons from K5 Learning to fill in our school days as he has completed his regular curriculum and programs. K5 Learning is an online supplement great for students from […]
I have two pre-teens now, so puberty is in the forefront of my mind with them. A lot of sex education materials are quite graphic, and we’re just not quite there yet. I want my kids to understand about their reproductive systems without getting into all of the rest of it for now. Our latest […]
The post MarshMedia Streaming Educational Health and Safety Videos Review appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
Language arts is the one of the foundations of a solid homeschool education, right up there with mathematics instruction. I was relieved to be chosen again this year to review the Grade 2 Lightning Lit Set from Hewitt Homeschooling to use with my 7 year old. This curriculum uses quality literature and interesting poetry and stories to engage […]
The post Hewitt Homeschooling Grade 2 Lightning Lit Set (Review) appeared first on Jenn's RAQ.
Finding a simple and easy to follow independent Bible study for kids can be difficult, but I’ve been using I Can Study I Samuel Alone With God Bible Study (39 week study) NIV version with my son. This study was written by Karen Mohs of Greek ‘n’ Stuff. This study is a paperback, spiral-bound book. It has […]
My daughter completed the 6th grade in back May, and I wanted to document what we ended up using throughout the year as I know it can help others. Here is our official Sixth Grade Homeschool Curriculum Year in Review. As you have likely guessed, we review a slew of curricula throughout the school year, but […]
The post Sixth Grade Homeschool Curriculum – Year in Review appeared first on Real And Quirky.
World geography seems to be something that is overlooked in my house for my younger students. Over the past few weeks, my elementary kids have been helping me with this review by using the geography curriculum for kids called Let’s Go Geography. Let’s Go Geography is a program that is accessible online, where you are able to […]
My family does a lot of computer-based and online school, so the family membership to the online math curriculum from CTCMath is always a welcome addition to our homeschool curriculum line up. As part of my review, I am able to share a free trial with you if you are interested in checking it out yourself. […]
The post CTCMath Family Membership – Online Math Curriculum Review appeared first on Real And Quirky.
It has been many years since one of my children has used Reading Eggs, but I was excited when I was informed that we’d receive a free trial to review. A Free 4 week trial is available for any of you wishing to give the program a spin for your child, as well. Reading Eggs Reading […]
Halloween is almost here, and I still have goodies to share with you! This Halloween matching game printable is like playing a memory game, but using precious cartoony Halloween characters. Your kiddo will love these little pumpkins, each dressed up in a not-so-scary costume. These playful pumpkins are dressed up like bats, mummies, pirates, super […]
Once your student is able to read, how do you get them to continue practicing and building their skills? For our latest review, my 2nd grader was able to enjoy reading The Magic Stories from Allsaid & Dunn, LLC, publishers of The Reading Game and authors of the Wordly Wise series. This set of 6 books […]
The cold temperatures outside may be keeping kids indoors, but there are many activities to teach kids about winter that can be done inside. The following ideas are perfect for preschoolers and grade school children. They provide unique opportunities for children to learn about the world around them and can teach about animals, weather, the […]
My kids have been learning about Ancient History in our regular homeschool studies this year, and I’ve loved finding content-rich supplements to help them experience the information in new ways. We were able to review the Ancient History Homeschool video curriculum from Drive Thru History Adventures. They also have online streaming videos for for American History and Bible History. […]
Most of my kids are heavily into drawing and coloring, so they got really excited we were chosen to review a 24 count set of Magic Stix Washable Markers from The Pencil Grip, Inc. We’ve loved every single product we’ve gotten from them and have purchased many of them for family, friends, and events over the […]
Do your children enjoy making crafts and working with their hands, but you hate a big mess? That describes our family, which is why I was very interested in trying the Zirrly Super Beads Mega Pack with my kids. What are they exactly? Well, they are fuse beads that are simpler to use than other similar products, because […]
The post Zirrly Super Beads Mega Pack Review (Just Spray with Water!) appeared first on Real And Quirky.
Are you trying to add a fine arts element to your homeschool? Elementary and middle school students will enjoy the new Music Appreciation I set from Memoria Press, which chronologically covers 26 significant pieces of music, as well as covering music concepts from basic things like melody and rhythm to more complex concepts such as Impressionism […]
The post Memoria Press Music Appreciation I Curriculum Review appeared first on Real And Quirky.
We have always really enjoyed the various elementary science curriculum offerings from Apologia. Recently, we were sent a collection of Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology items to review. We received the textbook, a notebooking journal, a junior notebooking journal, and a companion mp3 audio CD. I decided to take a break from the other […]
The post Apologia Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology Review appeared first on Real And Quirky.
While my children thrive with their current math program, I really like to have a backup supplement available to make sure that they have a way to fill in any gaps in their learning. A+ Interactive Math (by A+ TutorSoft Inc.) fits the bill nicely with its Family Math Package, which we have been reviewing for the […]
My son just finished reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, so when a chance to review the book and Study Guide for Christian Heroes- C.S. Lewis came up, I wanted to use it as reinforcement and to help my son understand the author better. This is part of the Christian Heroes: Then & Now series. […]